BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply project management skills and knowledge. They may manage projects in a variety of contexts, across a number of industry sectors. They have project leadership and management roles and are responsible for achieving project objectives. They possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical and managerial competencies to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate their own work and/or the work of others.
Detailed Course Information
The target group for the BSB51415 Diploma in Project Management include persons wanting to gain this qualification through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) to have the project management skills and knowledge including managing projects, to apply in a variety of work contexts across a number of industry sectors. These persons will have project leadership and management roles and are responsible for achieving project objectives. As such, this target market will have the following characteristics:
- Can evidence a minimum of 2 years recent work as a Project Manager in any Australian industry or commercial sector.
- Receive a satisfactory in the AIET LLN test.
- Has access to a work environment in which they work in project management with a team of workers
- Can obtain written permission from employers that:
- They can undertake their RPL process on worksite – which includes worksite visits by the AIET assessor,
- Use workplace documentation and clients, client information and third party reports
- Are only interested in being assessed through RPL and CT.
- Can provide certified evidence of unit requirements.
- Understand that AIET will only provide an assessment by RPL and CT, that this is provided as fee-for-service only. No further gap assessment or gap training will be provided by AIET and that if the assessor does not cite sufficient evidence to warrant the awarding of RPL and/or CT within the assessment duration then the assessor will not award RPL or CT as an outcome (this decision being subject to Appeal and Complaint)
- Any identified gap training needed; it should be completed externally, not though AIET. It is the students’ responsibility to organise for their external needed gap training and at their own costs.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
AIET Entry Conditions and Pathways
To optimize the chances of students achieving their assessment goals, AIET has the following entry requirements. All applicants must,
- Be over 18 years old ( AIET does not assess underage students )
- Receive a satisfactory in the AIET LLN test
- Have a minimum of 2 years recent vocational experience working as a project manager in any industry or commercial sector to allow maximum time for the applicant to have the required work experience and training to optimize a successful learning outcome through RPL/CT.
- Have access to a work environment in which they work as a project manager and supervise a team and have access to a range of clients with complex project needs.
- Be able to obtain written permission from employers/agents that:
- They can undertake their RPL process on worksite – which includes worksite visits by the AIET assessor
- use workplace documentation and clients, client information and third-party reports.
- Require a learning outcome through RPL and CT
- Be able to provide certified evidence of unit requirements.
- Understand that AIET will only provide assessment by RPL and CT, that this is provided as fee-for-service only, no further gap assessment or gap training will be provided by AIET and that if the assessor does not cite sufficient evidence to warrant the awarding of RPL and/or CT within the assessment duration then the assessor will not award these or any outcomes (which is subject to AIET Appeal and Complaint )
Job roles and titles will vary across different industry sectors, however possible job titles relevant to this qualification include;
- Project Manager Contract
- Project Vendor Manager
- Project Team Leader
- Project Manager
Total Units: 12
Core Unit: 8
Elective Units: 4
4 elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below or any endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Diploma level or higher.
Units have been selected in accordance with BSB Business Services Training Package Version 1.0. (released 25/Mar/2015), and meets the requirements of the 2012 Standards for Training Packages. This version incorporates change to packaging rules and significant change to core units.Core and elective units support the overall integrity of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level of this qualification and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome. They must not include the choice of the unit BSBPMG522 Undertake project work.
Students have the right to select other elective units if they choose to do so. Please check this link to view the full list of electives.
|BSBPMG511||Manage project scope||Core|
|BSBPMG512||Manage project time||Core|
|BSBPMG513||Manage project quality||Core|
|BSBPMG514||Manage project cost||Core|
|BSBPMG515||Manage project human resources||Core|
|BSBPMG516||Manage project information and communication||Core|
|BSBPMG517||Manage project risk||Core|
|BSBPMG521||Manage project integration||Core|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability||Elective|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development||Elective|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness||Elective|
Qualification Mapping Information
|Code and title current version||Code and title previous version||Comments|
|BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management Release 2||BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management Release 1||Updates to codes and titles in the unit list||Equivalent qualification|
Companion Volume implementation guides are found in VETNet Website
BSB51415: full qualification is: $2,400, (includes all administrative fees).
|Payment 1||$200 as a deposit due before formal commencement of the RPL process.|
|Payment 2||$1,100 is due after one week.|
|Payment 3||$1,100 is due after the completion of the RPL process and before the issue of certification|
Other Charges (optional)
Certification Reissuance: $22 per item
$200 per unit to attempt a unit of competency again after final submission (within the original course duration)
Extra Course duration: BSB51415; $114 pw
Candidates will not be able to proceed or receive certification if they have not met their fee obligations.
Free Skill Assessment
Free skill assessment helps you to identify the right qualification that matches your skills and show you what needs to be done to achieve the qualification.
Provide as much information about your skills, experiences and previous training as possible. The evidence could include employment references, resume, testimonials, performance portfolio, photo/videos, certificate/transcripts of the previous qualifications.
Once the assessor has reviewed the evidence you supplied, they will contact you for competency conversation, this may include practical observation if required. They will assign a trainer to upskill you if there are gaps in skills and knowledge against the whole qualification.
You will receive nationally recognised qualification certificates from our partner college, which you can use to claim promotion, obtaining licences or for immigration purpose.